On the vibron nature in the system of two parallel macromolecular chains: The influence of interchain coupling
Authorized Users Only
Reshetnyak, Alexander A.
Chizhov, Alexei V.
MetadataShow full item record
We studied the properties of the intramolecular vibrational excitation (vibron) at finite temperature in a system which consists of two parallel macromolecular chains. It was assumed that vibron interacts exclusively with dispersionless optical phonons and the whole system is considered to be in thermal equilibrium. Particular attention has been paid to the examination of the impact of the temperature and strength of the interchain coupling on the small polaron crossover. For that purpose we employed partial dressing method which enables the study of the degree of the phonon dressing of the vibron excitations in a wide area of system parameter space. We found that in the non-adiabatic regime the degree of dressing as a function of coupling constant continuously increases reflecting the smooth transition of the slightly dressed, practically free vibron, to a heavily dressed one: small polaron. As adiabaticity rises this transition becomes increasingly steeper, and finally, in the adiaba...tic limit, a discontinuous jump of the degree of dressing is observed. The interchain coupling manifests itself through the increase of the effective adiabatic parameter of the system. (C) 2016 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
Keywords:Vibron / Molecular chain / Polaron / Interchain coupling
Source:Physica B: Condensed Matter, 2016, 490, 9-15
- CCQCN - Crete Center for Quantum Complexity and Nanotechnology (EU-316165)
- Photonics of micro and nano structured materials (RS-45010)
- Functional, Functionalized and Advanced Nanomaterials (RS-45005)
- The influence of elementary excitations and conformations to physical properties of the new materials based on strongly correlated low-dimensional systems (RS-171009)
- Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation [K2-2015-007]