Ac-driven annular Josephson junctions: The missing Shapiro steps
Authorized Users Only
Article (Published version)
© 2020 American Physical Society
MetadataShow full item record
Examination of an annular system of underdamped Josephson junctions in the presence of external radiation showed that the ability of the system to lock with some external radiation was determined not only by the number but also by the type of rotating excitations (fluxons or antifluxons). Shapiro steps can be observed in the current-voltage characteristic only in the system with trapped fluxons or in the system with fluxon-antifluxon pairs. If the trapped fluxons circulate simultaneously with fluxon-antifluxon pairs, there are no Shapiro steps regardless of the amplitude or frequency of the applied external radiation. © 2020 American Physical Society.
Source:Physical Review B, 2020, 101, 2, 024512-
- Fund for developing theoretical physics and mathematics "Bazis"
- Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) [18-02-00318]
- Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) [18-52-45011-IND]
- Russian Science Foundation (RSF) [18-71-10095]
- The influence of elementary excitations and conformations to physical properties of the new materials based on strongly correlated low-dimensional systems (RS-171009)
- Photonics of micro and nano structured materials (RS-45010)
- Provincial Secretariat for High Education and Scientific Research of Vojvodina [APV 114-451-2201]