Tetravalent Metal Ion Guests in Polyoxopalladate Chemistry: Synthesis and Anticancer Activity of [MO 8 Pd 12 (PO 4 ) 8 ] 12– (M = Sn IV , Pb IV )
Authorized Users Only
Čolović, Mirjana B.
Krstić, Danijela Z.
Poblet, Josep M.
Article (Published version)
© 2019 American Chemical Society
MetadataShow full item record
The first two examples of polyoxopalladates(II) (POPs) containing tetravalent metal ion guests, [MO8Pd12(PO4)8]12- (M = SnIV, PbIV), have been prepared and structurally characterized in the solid state, solution, and gas phase. The interactions of the metal ion guests and the palladium-oxo shell were studied by theoretical calculations. The POPs were shown to possess anticancer activity by causing oxidative stress inducing caspase activation and consecutive apoptosis of leukemic cells.
Source:Inorganic Chemistry, 2019, 58, 17, 11294-11299
- German Research Foundation (DFG) [DFG-KO-2288/20-1]
- German Research Foundation (DFG) [DEG-KO-2288/16-1]
- Jacobs University
- China Scholarship Council
- Spanish Ministry of Science [CTQ2017-87269-P]
- Generalitat de Catalunya [2017SGR629]
- CMST COST Action [CM1203]
- Modulation of intracellular energy balance-controlling signalling pathways in therapy of cancer and neuro-immuno-endocrine disorders (RS-41025)
- National Natural Science Foundation of China 
- Hungarian National Research, Development and Innovation Office - NKFIH [NKFI NN 128368]