Improved Value for the Gamow-Teller Strength of the Sn100 Beta Decay
Authorized Users Only
Čeliković, Igor T.
de France, G.
Kim, Y. K.
Kwon, Y. K.
Rajabali, M. M.
Article (Published version)
© 2019 American Physical Society
MetadataShow full item record
A record number of Sn100 nuclei was detected and new isotopic species toward the proton dripline were discovered at the RIKEN Nishina Center. Decay spectroscopy was performed with the high-efficiency detector arrays WAS3ABi and EURICA. Both the half-life and the β-decay end point energy of Sn100 were measured more precisely than the literature values. The value and the uncertainty of the resulting strength for the pure 0+→1+ Gamow-Teller decay was improved to BGT=4.4-0.7+0.9. A discrimination between different model calculations was possible for the first time, and the level scheme of In100 is investigated further. © 2019 American Physical Society.
Keywords:Decay spectroscopies / Detector arrays / End points / Half lives / High-efficiency / Isotopic species / Level schemes / Model calculations
Source:Physical Review Letters, 2019, 122, 22, 222502-
- German Research Foundation (DFG)
- Federal Ministry of Education & Research (BMBF) [05P12WOFNF]
- Federal Ministry of Education & Research (BMBF) [05P15PKFNA]
- RIKEN IPA Programme
- Rare Isotope Science Project - Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, National Research Foundation of Korea-KAKENHI 
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada - FJNSP LIA (French-Japanese International Associated Laboratory for Nuclear Structure Problems)
- Spanish Ministerio de Economia y Competitividad [FPA2017-84756-C4-2-P]
ISSN: 0031-9007; 1079-7114