Characterization of glycidyl methacrylate based magnetic nanocomposites
Karakterizacija magnetičnih nanokompozita na bazi glicidilmetakrilata
AuthorsMarković, Bojana M.
Vuković, Zorica M.
Pavlović, Vladimir B.
Nastasović, Aleksandra B.
Article (Published version)
MetadataShow full item record
Magnetic and non-magnetic macroporous crosslinked copolymers of glycidyl methacrylate and trimethylolpropane trimethacrylate were prepared by suspension copolymerization and functionalized with diethylenetriamine. The samples were characterized by mercury porosimetry, scanning electron microscopy with energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (SEM-EDS), Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy analysis (FTIR-ATR), thermogravimetric analysis (TGA), X-ray diffractometry (XRD), atomic force microscopy (AFM), transmission electron microscopy (TEM) and SQUID magnetometry. The FTIR-ATR analysis of synthesized magnetic nanocomposites confirmed the presence of magnetite and successful amino-functionalization. Non-functionalized and amino-functionalized nanocomposites exhibited superparamagnetic behavior at 300 K, with a saturation magnetization of 5.0 emu/g and 2.9 emu/g, respectively. TEM analysis of the magnetic nanocomposite has shown that magnetic nanoparticles were homogeneously dispersed in th...e polymer matrix. It was demonstrated that incorporation of magnetic nanoparticles enhanced the thermal stability of the magnetic nanocomposite in comparison to the initial non-magnetic macroporous copolymer. © 2019, Association of Chemists and Chemical Engineers of Serbia. All rights reserved.
Keywords:glycidyl methacrylate / trimethylolpropane trimethacrylate / magnetic nanocomposite / diethylenetriamine
Source:Hemijska industrija, 2019, 73, 1, 25-35
- Advanced technologies for monitoring and environmental protection from chemical pollutants and radiation burden (RS-43009)
- Micro- Nanosystems and Sensors for Electric Power and Process Industry and Environmental Protection (RS-32008)
- Nanostructured Functional and Composite Materials in Catalytic and Sorption Processes (RS-45001)
- Zero- to Three-Dimensional Nanostructures for Application in Electronics and Renewable Energy Sources: Synthesis, Characterization and Processing (RS-45007)
- Magnetic and radionuclide labeled nanostructured materials for medical applications (RS-45015)
ISSN: 0367-598X (print); 2217-7426 (electronic)