New and comprehensive β - and βp-decay spectroscopy results in the vicinity of Sn100
Authorized Users Only
Ahn, Deuk Soon
Blank, Bertram B.
Čeliković, Igor T.
de France, G.
Kim, G. D.
Kwon, Y K
Rajabali, M M
Xu, Z Y
Article (Published version)
MetadataShow full item record
A decay spectroscopy experiment on proton-rich nuclei in the vicinity of the doubly magic Sn100 was carried out at RIKEN Nishina Center. More than 20 nuclei with 43≤Z≤50 and N≤51, produced by fragmentation reactions were investigated via analyses of β-decay, βp-decay, and subsequent γ-ray data. Owing to higher statistics, the precision on the half-lives of many of the ground states and isomers was improved. β-decay endpoint energies of 11 states in 8 nuclei were measured for the first time, and the corresponding QEC and excitation energies were generally consistent with various mass models. Many β-delayed proton emission branching ratios were measured either for the first time or with higher precision compared to literature values, and some of them differed by more than 2σ. Many of the large discrepancies were associated with nuclei with long-lived isomeric states, highlighting large systematic uncertainties involved in these measurements. Twenty-five new γ rays were observed, and ten ...new states are proposed with unambiguous excitation energies, spins, and parities. Most of the energies of the excited states were consistent within 300 keV or 20%, whichever was greater, compared to shell model predictions in the proton/neutron (p1/2,g9/2) model space assuming a Sr76 core. A signature of a new (1/2-) isomer in Cd97 with T1/2=0.73(7) s was found, in good agreement with shell model predictions. © 2019 American Physical Society.
Source:Physical Review C, 2019, 99, 3, 034313-
- Rare Isotope Science Project [Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MEST) and National Research Foundation (NRF) of Korea]
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) KAKENHI 
- DFG cluster of excellence "Origin and Structure of the Universe," German BMBF [05P15PKFNA]
- Ministerio de Economia y Competitividad [FPA2017-84756-C4-2-P]
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada
- FJ-NSP (French-Japanese International Associated Laboratory for Nuclear Structure Problems)