Performances of ionic liquid matrices with butyl ammonium counterion for matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometric detection and analysis of sucralfate
Popović, Iva A.
Rakočević, Zlatko Lj.
Article (Published version)
© 2019 Taylor & Francis Group, LLC.
MetadataShow full item record
In this work, the performances of two ionic liquid matrices (ILMs) with the same ammonium counterpart for mass spectrometric analysis of the insoluble and soluble sucralfate were compared. Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry (MALDI MS) was performed assisted by the butylammonium salts of α-cyano-hydroxycinnamic acid (CHCAB) and 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid (DHBB). CHCAB has a higher IE than DHBB, but better optical properties. CHCAB is more suitable for the analysis of sucralfate, although molecular ions of both compounds were detectable only with low intensities. Thus, optical properties of ILMs are crucial to enhance the sensitivity of MALDI MS detection of polysulfated oligosaccharides. © 2019, © 2019 Taylor & Francis Group, LLC.
Keywords:2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid / Ionic liquid matrices / matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry / sucralfate / α-cyano-hydroxycinnamic acid
Source:Journal of Carbohydrate Chemistry, 2020, 39, 1, 1-23
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation)  [TRR67] [Projects A8 and Z3]
- Mechanistic studies of the reactions of transition metal ion complexes with biologically relevant molecules (RS-172011)
- Functional, Functionalized and Advanced Nanomaterials (RS-45005)
- The structure and dynamics of molecular systems in ground and excited electronic states (RS-172040)
- Grant CQM_2018_005_STMG_MS at CQM Madeira, Portugal [M1420-01-0145-FEDER-000005]