Absorption and fluorescence spectral properties of azo dyes based on 3-amido-6-hydroxy-4-methyl-2-pyridone: Solvent and substituent effects
Authorized Users Only
Božić, Bojan Đ.
Vitnik, Željko J.
Mijin, Dušan Ž.
Article (Published version)
MetadataShow full item record
A series of nine 5-(4-substituted phenylazo)-3-amido-6-hydroxy-4-methyl-2-pyridones were synthesized and characterized by FT–IR, 1H and 13C NMR, UV–Vis, and PL spectroscopy. Photophysical properties of the dyes were examined in solvents of various polarities and at different pH values. The solvent effects on the absorbance and emission spectral shift were analyzed using Lippert–Mataga, Reichardt–Dimroth and Kamlet-Taft equations. Moreover, UV–Vis absorption and emission frequencies were correlated with Hammett substituent constants applying the linear free energy relationships. DFT calculations of the investigated dyes were accomplished to determine their structural and electronic properties. © 2019
Keywords:Absorption spectra / Azo pyridone dyes / DFT / Fluorescence spectra / Solvatochromism
Source:Dyes and Pigments, 2020, 175, 108139-
- Materials of Reduced Dimensions for Efficient Light Harvesting and Energy conversion (RS-45020)
- Rational design and synthesis of biologically active and coordination compounds and functional materials, relevant for (bio)nanotechnology (RS-172035)
- Dynamics of nonlinear physicochemical and biochemical systems with modeling and predicting of their behavior under nonequilibrium conditions (RS-172015)
- Neuroendocrine control of growth hormone secretion in humans - new challenges. Control of energy homeostasis in humans in various pathological conditions. Genetics in familial pituitary tumorigenesis. Clinical-pathological correlations in atypical pituit (RS-175033)
- Study of the Synthesis, Structure and Activity of Natural and Synthetic Organic Compounds (RS-172013)