Up-conversion luminescence of GdVO4:Nd3+/Er3+ and GdVO4:Nd3+/Ho3+ phosphors under 808 nm excitation
Authorized Users Only
AuthorsJovanović, Dragana J.
Gavrilović, Tamara V.
Dolić, Slobodan D.
Article (Published version)
© 2018 Elsevier B.V.
MetadataShow full item record
© 2018 Elsevier B.V. In recent years, there exists a tendency in research of up-conversion materials to shift excitation from 980 nm to shorter wavelengths. Here, in order to produce up-conversion luminescence emission of GdVO4-based materials under 808 nm excitation, polycrystalline powders of GdVO4:Er3+/Nd3+and GdVO4:Ho3+/Nd3+were successfully prepared by a high-temperature solid-state reaction technique. The prepared powders were highly crystalline with a single-phase zircon-type GdVO4structure and consisted of micrometer-sized irregular spherical particles (2–6 μm in diameter). In all studied samples, visible up-conversion luminescence was successfully achieved under 808 nm illumination. Near-infrared pumping produced emission bands in the green, yellow-orange and green regions of the visible spectrum. The bands in the green and red regions of GdVO4: Er3+/Nd3+as well as GdVO4:Ho3+/Nd3+were, respectively, characteristic of Er3+and Ho3+ions. The dominant band originating from the4G7/...2→4I11/2transition in Nd3+ions was observed around 597 nm in all samples.
Keywords:808-nm excitation / gadolinium vanadate / GdVO4:Er3+/Nd3+ / GdVO4:Ho3+/Nd3+ / up-conversion
Source:Optical Materials, 2018, 82, 1-6
- Materials of Reduced Dimensions for Efficient Light Harvesting and Energy conversion (RS-45020)
- Size-, shape- and structure- dependent properties of nanoparticles and nanocomposites (RS-172056)
- European Cooperation in Science and Technology - COST (CM1403)
- Latvian National Research Program IMIS2 (302/2012)
- ERDF PostDoc (184.108.40.206/VIAA/1/16/215 (220.127.116.11/16/I/001))